Club and Liaison FAQ’s
Important Info for Clubs
- Key Dates
- Your Union’s Permission to Travel – Action Required
- Your training needs, travel plans and accommodation – Action Required
- Updated Team lists Free Name Changes end 30 June– Action Required
- Club Information for Tournament Guide – Ends 30 June– Action Required
- Cup Women’s 7’s Competition
- Bingham Cup Logo and Guidelines for Team Jerseys
- Registration Process – Bingham Cup on Sydney’s Iconic Oxford St
- IGRAB Player Eligibility
- 30 June – Normal Rego period ends, Late rego period starts
- 30 June – Deadline to provide updated names before Name change fee will apply
- 15 August – Deadline for all name changes – no name changes after this date permitted
- 17 August – Registration period closes. Further registrations may not be accepted
In order for your team to travel, you need permission from your home Rugby Union to tour. Attached is the Bingham Cup Tournament’s sanctioning from the Australian New South Wales Rugby Union.
1. Download the appropriate permission to travel form for your country – if you can’t find
- USA: http://usarugby.org/tours
- UK: http://www.rfu.com/managingrugby/~/media/files/2009/tours/overseas%20tour%20application%20form%20_bev_.ashx
- Canada: http://www.rugbycanada.ca/leagues/custom_page.cfm?clientid=3817&leagueid=0&pageid=12391
- Ireland: http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/clubhouse/printable_documents.php
2. Complete the form. Information you may need:
- Postal Address of the tournament: 303/5 Potter St Waterloo NSW 2017 Australia
- Contacts: Chris Mowbray, firstname.lastname@example.org +61412147716
3. Email the form to your home union. Important: please cc email@example.com on the email so we can use our contacts in the Australian Unions to smooth the process
As you’d recall, we will be coordinating training fields for travelling clubs and we’ll be arranging bus transfers from designated pick-up locations to the playing fields.
Can you please let us know (via http://binghamcup.com/club-survey/ or email):
- Accommodation plans:
- What hotel are you staying in,
- Are you booking it directly or through an agent?
- Are you booking on behalf of your players or are they booking independently?
Flight plans – When do you expect your players to arrive and leave?
- Training Needs – We will be offering training on Wednesday 27 August and Thursday 28 August. Limited fields will be available on Tuesday on a first nominate first served basis. Please indicate which day you would like access to a training field near your hotel. If you need any training locations before then, you will need to make your own arrangements but we can provide guidance on locations.
Thanks to those teams who’ve provided updated team lists. The last day to change or nominate your team name without a change fee is 30 June. We will be uploading these to the online system for review soon.
If you haven’t provided us your list of players and their emails.
Club Information for Tournament Souvenir Programme – Due 30 June
We are currently preparing the Tournament Souvenir Programme for distribution to all teams and visitors. Each club will be featured in the guide, but we need some information from you:
Please also provide us with a high resolution picture of your team logo, preferentially in eps format or otherwise jpeg.
Bingham Cup Sydney 2014 and Sydney Women’s Rugby Union are thrilled to confirm that for the first time, a women’s tournament will be hosted as part of the Bingham Cup
The women’s tournament will be a 7’s competition and played on Saturday 30th August. The competition is expected to have between 4 to 8 teams, with four local teams already committed. Until July 1, preference will be given to international and inter-state teams for the remaining 4 places. Teams need to register prior to July 28th.
For more information about the Bingham Cup Women’s 7’s competition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like any time a player takes the field, rugby is a contact sport and there is a very real chance of getting injured, sometimes seriously. It is every player’s personal responsibility to ensure he or she is adequately insured, especially when travelling overseas.
Getting injured in Australia is not cheap. Even a short visit to a hospital via ambulance will likely cost thousands of dollars.
All players competing in the Bingham Cup will be covered by ARU players’ insurance. This insurance is very basic providing limited coverage for major injuries and death. We strongly recommend that all Clubs insist that all their players take out comprehensive medical insurance which provides coverage for rugby injuries. While Australia has reciprocal public health arrangements with a number of countries, see the link below for details we still recommend that all players, coaches and officials have their own insurance. http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/reciprocal-health-care-agreements
The Tournament encourages clubs to consider incorporating the Bingham Cup Sydney 2014 logo into their tour jerseys and have high resolution eps files available on request. As the logo is trademarked, in order to maintain the integrity of the brand, all designs which incorporate our logo must be approved by us in writing, to ensure proper spacing, ratios and colours are maintained. Any questions on the logo use can be directed to email@example.com
The Bingham Cup Sydney 2014 logo may not be used on any item which is sold to either members of your club or the broader community. A wide variety of merchandise is available via our website and at the tournament through our licensed merchant, and we are required to protect that relationship.
We are very excited to have a shopfront during the Bingham Cup festival, centrally located on Oxford St – Sydney’s iconic gay strip. Registered Players, Officials and Supporters will be able to collect their credentials and tournament bag from the Monday before the tournament. Merchandise including jumpers, hats, T-Shirts and many other items will also be available.
IGRAB have released the Player Eligibility and affiliation rules. They are attached to this email or are available on our website here.